North Bay to Moonbeam
It seemed that we hadn't slept very long before music started playing on Laura's tablet. It was some song about Alberta - I thought that it must be a song about the campground we were going to. We all jumped out of bed and started rushing around. First Laura took my dog sisters and me to the business area, then we rushed back to have our breakfast. Almost as soon as breakfast was done we were back in the truck and on our way. I was pretty sure that we were going someplace good, because Laura and Carm seemed so excited. I hoped it wasn't a long ride.
I kept a look out of the window to see where we were going. Pretty much all I saw all day were trees, and more trees. I imagined that I was exploring those woods, but eventually that got boring. I still kept a lookout because I didn't want to risk missing something. Maybe we'd pass some dogs and I'd have to tell them to stay away. There didn't seem to be any houses for dogs to live at though.
We did stop a few times, but only got out of the truck, stretched our legs, had a drink (I was getting used to drinking out of a weird water bottle with a cup attached), then we'd get back in the truck for more driving. Sometimes Laura and Carm would have a picnic and eat something, but they never shared. I thought they were greedy. One time when we stopped there was a statue of a giant man Laura called Paul Bunyon, but there wasn't much else to see.
I thought the driving would never end - when were we going to get to Alberta? I kept looking at the map to see if I could tell where we were going, but it was all gobbledygook to me. We had driven so far already, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find our way home. I hoped that Laura could read the map.
While we were driving, Laura read out loud from a message on her tablet that Grace was having fun and that she was staying with our friend Ruth. I guess I can stop worrying about her now. I didn't think that Grace would be having much fun on this trip either.
Once we got back to the camper I went straight to my bed so that I could sleep. It felt like I was still moving though, and whenever I closed my eyes all I saw were trees whizzing past. By the time it was supper I was rested enough to eat most of my meal, but then I went straight back to bed. I needed to rest up for the next day.
to be continued…
No comments:
Post a Comment