Me at Red Rock Coolie

Me at Red Rock Coolie

Alberta Adventure Chapter 19 –The End of My Adventure

Samuel de Champlain

 

On the driving day we started early in the morning and then drove and drove. I couldn't believe how long we drove for. Sure, we got out of the truck a few times, but it seemed that the day would never end. I was so exhausted and thought that Carm might be too.

The campground we came to that day was called Samuel de Champlain and was near North Bay. I remembered that the first campground we stayed at on our adventure was in North Bay. I hoped that we weren't almost home, but I suspected that we were. Laura and Carm didn't seem excited like they did the first time we were in North Bay.

 
I didn't get much chance to see that campground. It might have been fun, but since it was already supper time we only went for a short walk. Still, there were interesting things to smell. I would have liked to walk further.




Home
 
When the music played the next morning I could tell right away that Laura and Carm didn't want to get up. But they did and after our normal morning routine we were in the truck and driving. Laura said we'd get home that day. I couldn't understand why she would want our adventure to end. I don't think Bella and Kabira were happy either.  We all felt like balloons that had been broken.
Laura was right, we did get back home that day. To tell you the truth, when we turned into the laneway of our house I felt both sad and happy. I knew that my sisters and I would be able to run and play in the fields. Our big bed would be there. We'd get to eat bones and meat there.  I hoped we'd see Grace soon. But we wouldn't see new things and smell new wonders. We wouldn't swim in giant lakes. We wouldn't run and play on the big red rocks. There would be no mountains to see, and there would be no places where I could see forever. I guess both things are good, but I hoped we go on another adventure soon.


Now, whenever Laura gets the camping collars out, I get excited and hope and hope that we are going on another huge adventure!

Oh, Laura wanted me to tell you that there aren’t very many photos of Bella because she always looks like a black blob.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment