Dinosaur Provincial Park
The day after the reunion we left Medicine Hat early in the day. I had mixed feelings about leaving but reminded myself that we were off on another adventure! We only drove for half a day, and then we turned onto a winding campground road. I was watching closely out of the window to see what kind of campground we'd be at next. I was surprised to see the land spread out flat, then suddenly drop away. It was really weird and I wondered how that would happen, and if it would happen again while we were there.
Laura said we were at Dinosaur Provincial Park. It was a really nice campsite with lots of room to stretch out on our bed, and some of those special sage bushes growing on it too. Laura seemed really happy about that. Laura said we would stay there for a few days, which made me happy.
We relaxed on our bed outside for a while and then a car drove up. Kirsten, Shenna and Nissa got out of the car! I was so surprised and very happy. They brought in a bunch of stuff so I figured they'd be staying with us for a while.
Kirsten and my cousins got their walking stuff on and we all went for a wonderful walk. The land was so weird with funny shaped hills, which Laura said were hoodos, and there were lots of good things to smell. Plus my cousins were with us. I had a really good time. I thought that things would get really boring without all these adventures.
The next day we walked again, and then the crying started. Laura, Kirsten and my cousins were crying and crying some more when they said goodbye. I wondered if they were going away forever. Maybe they thought they wouldn't see each other for 6 years, which is a very long time.
Laura and Carm left us alone in the camper later and from the smell of meat on their breath when they came back, they went to eat somewhere. We just slept in the bedroom with the music on.
The next day Carm seemed sick; Laura said it was from eating some sausages the morning before. My sisters and I were glad that we hadn't eaten some like we wanted. While Carm was resting, Laura took us out on a really long walk. This campground is fun. I hoped we'd stay there for a long time.
to be continued…
No comments:
Post a Comment