Medicine Hat
We were just back at our campsite when I looked up and saw Papa walking over. I couldn't believe my eyes. How did he get here too? Soon after that Gramma came. It seemed strange that they were here, but it also made it seem more like we were at home.
Laura and Carm left us to sleep for a while. They said they were going to Myna's house for supper. It didn't seem fair that they'd be eating without us again, but my sisters and I were happy to have a quiet time alone. When they came back we went for another walk. We saw another deer.
All of us took long walks along the trail, even our extra family. It was a wonderful time. I felt lucky to have all my family here with me.
On one of the days we drove out to a place where people were putting up tents. My sisters and I got to go without our leashes for a while. Then Laura made us wear them again, maybe because she found me investigating a trail up a hill. She seemed upset that I would go so far away, but I knew I wouldn't get lost. She told me there might be a cougar in the hills, which Laura said might eat me, but I didn't believe her.
My Uncle Olaf and Aunt Tammy were there with a new little cousin, Freya - Laura said they had come from New Zealand as well. Even my Uncle Graham, and cousins Erik and Juliette were there! It really felt like we were home when the kids came. I love seeing my cousins.
The next day we went out to the tent place again. Laura said it was a family reunion. I thought that might be fun and that I'd like to meet all the people. When we first got there we got to run around in the field again, but then we had to spend tons of time in the truck. I felt we were being ripped off because there were lots of people by the tents who might want to pet me and give me treats. There was a little boy who was scared, so I tried to make him feel better, but I think he just got more scared. I couldn't understand why he was so afraid of me.
We had a few days like this, running free, then into the truck, then a walk on the leash, then sitting in the truck again. I was getting pretty sick of sitting in the truck. But at least I was near Laura and Carm. Plus there were a few times I got to go and show everybody my tricks. I like showing people how smart I am, especially if I also get treats!.
On one of the days it got so hot in the truck that we couldn't stay there. Laura brought us out on our leashes and took us to sit in the shade. My cousins Juliette and Nissa came to sit with us. Then a nice man called Bjorn came to admire us as well. I thought he talked with a funny accent, but Laura said he was from Norway and didn't usually speak English. When I realized this I thought he didn't talk funny at all.
On the last day of the reunion, after the people ate breakfast most of the people drove away, and the people who were left took down the tents. We got to run around again. It was fantastic. I even snuck away to smell up the hill a bit. I hoped that I'd catch something big so that I could show everybody what a great hunter I am.
to be continued…
No comments:
Post a Comment