Me at Red Rock Coolie

Me at Red Rock Coolie

Alberta Adventure Chapter 13 –My Favourite Place in the World

Back to Medicine Hat

One day we left Banff. Laura said we couldn't stay there forever, even though I would have liked to. It was a fun place to be. I'll always dream of climbing those tall mountains.

It was warm when we left Banff, but not too hot. But after we got past the ear popping place it started to get really hot. I was looking out of the window when we passed the campground in Calgary. I won't be sad if we never go back there again.  Then we drove through the city again. There were so many cars! I kept a look out for other dogs, but didn't see any close enough to bark at. Carm seemed really happy when we were past all of that.

It got hotter and hotter, even with the cold air blowing in the truck. I wondered where we were going. We did stop once, but it was so hot that the parking lot was impossible to walk on. I don't think Laura realized how much it hurt our feet.


We drove on, and then turned into the Medicine Hat campground! I was ecstatic. I loved staying there. We weren't in the same spot as last time, but there was still a good place to walk, and we could walk on the other path when it wasn't so hot.


The one thing I didn't like about Medicine Hat is that Laura and Carm were always leaving us in the camper whenever they went out. It was no fair, but I thought they could be going to the kennel, so I didn't complain.

The next day we went on the most fantastic adventure. We didn't drive very long, and then stopped at a place way out in the middle of nowhere, with no cars or anything. Laura let my sisters and I off our leashes and we ran and ran. We went crazy. Even Kabira went crazy. It was the best place in the world. There were hills and huge round rocks almost as tall as Carm. It was wonderful. When we got a bit tired, Laura started taking pictures of us on the rocks. I thought I looked very handsome. This was the most fun we had during our whole adventure. I hope we go back again soon.
When we got back into the truck I looked out the window and felt so happy.  I hoped that our adventure would last forever.

 

to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment