Me at Red Rock Coolie

Me at Red Rock Coolie

Alberta Adventure Chapter 18 –The Big, Big Lake

Pancake Bay

 

We drove all day again the next day. We went up and down over and over again. I was starting to feel a little sick and wished that we'd just drive on a flat road for a while. I could tell that Carm wasn't having fun either. I don't think he liked going down the hills. I looked out the back window and wondered if our camper was pushing us down the hill. It was hard to sleep.
Finally we turned onto a campground road and my sisters and I waited in the truck while Carm and Laura went into the little building. They seemed excited when they came out. We drove a bit and then we were at our campsite. There were lots of trees. When we went for a walk Laura and Carm asked someone where the dog beach was. I wasn't sure what a beach was, but when we got there I was amazed. It was a big sandy area with other dogs and they were swimming in a really big lake. Laura said it was the same lake we had seen at the Terry Fox statue. I couldn't believe my luck! But when I got close I thought the water was too big, and maybe a bit scary. I waded a bit and that was fun.
We stayed there a few nights. One day Laura said I looked scruffy and that she was afraid that if I got lost people would think I had been abandoned. She got out the clippers and clipped my face. I wasn't really happy about that, but I did feel cooler after.

to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment