Me at Red Rock Coolie

Me at Red Rock Coolie

Alberta Adventure Chapter 7 -A bit of a Rest

Moose Jaw


Of course we drove and drove. I was starting to get used to this, but I still wanted to look out of the window so that I could see Alberta, if we ever got there. I wish Laura would build me a seat where I could lay down and watch. It would be much less exhausting. I also liked to keep an eye on the map. There was a little triangle that moved across the lines and I wondered if that was us. There are so many things I wish I understood better.

One of the fun things we did every day when we were driving, is we would stop somewhere for a picnic and for my sisters and I to stretch our legs and have a drink of water. It was always somewhere different, and usually we'd be allowed to smell things for a few minutes. It was a nice break from all the driving.


When we finally got to the next campground I learned that we were in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan at a campground called Prairie Oasis. It was wonderful! Bella, Kabira and I could lie around on the grass, but best of all were the walks. Best best of all were the little squirrels that Laura called prairie dogs. They didn't smell like dogs! I'd never smelled or seen anything like them. I really wanted to try to catch some, but Laura wouldn't let me off my leash - that was very frustrating. Sometimes we'd be walking somewhere and it seemed like suddenly we were in the middle of a bunch of prairie dog homes - I wouldn't know which way to look! Me and my sisters had a hard time not pulling on our leashes so Laura put the pokey collars on us. I didn't care though because I was having so much fun.

We stayed there for two marvellous days and I loved every minute of it. I used the opportunity to get caught up on my sleep. I was so tired by this point that I couldn't even keep my head on the pillow. I just wished everyone would be quiet and stop walking around so much.
Sometimes Laura and Carm left us behind in the camper when they went away. My sisters and I didn't mind this too much. Laura would put on some music and shut us into the bedroom where it was dark. If I started to worry that they'd never come back I just closed my eyes and pretended Laura and Carm were sleeping in their bed and then I could go to sleep. It was good to have that extra sleep.

to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment