Moonbeam to Nipigon
I didn't get the feeling that we were going to be at Twin Lakes campground very long and sure enough, early the next morning that same Alberta song started playing. It always made Laura almost cry; she must have been mad that her tablet played it first thing every morning. I thought she might be crying because Alberta is too far away and we'd never get there.
We went for a walk, had breakfast, and jumped into the truck for another day of driving. I wasn't sure what I felt about more driving, but thought that maybe today we'd get to Alberta.
I don't know how she does it, but Kabira never seems worried about where we are going. She just sleeps and sleeps and never looks out the window. Bella looks out sometimes, but mostly sleeps too. So that leaves me to make sure we don't get lost.
There were trees everywhere all day. We drove and drove and I wondered how could there be so many trees. A dog would never be able to pee on all those trees. Laura doesn't let me do that anyway, but I would have liked to try. A few times I saw a lake, and really hoped that we'd stop at it, but usually we didn't. Even when we did stop we wouldn't walk very far. It was never far enough to smell all the smells. I would have liked to investigate more. I might have wanted to go swimming too, but we never did.
We finally pulled into another campground. Laura said it was called Birchwood, and that we were in Nipigon. Of course it was raining. I thought that maybe we were going somewhere that rained all the time. I hoped not because I don't like being out in the rain. Thankfully the rain stopped for a little while so that we could go for a walk, but there was no place to go other than the ditch along the busy highway. It wasn't very interesting. I was starting to go a little stir crazy from all the sitting around.
to be continued…
No comments:
Post a Comment